Sunday, May 27, 2007

Big Brother Gone Mad?

Just read the story of Big Brother Australia not telling a contestant called Emma that her dad had died of cancer... Apparently her dad died sooner than expected and on his deathbed had asked that Emma not be told until she was out of the house, as he wanted her to enjoy the whole experience or something...

I'm still struggling to get my head around this. I don't know this girl's dad's entire health history, but I don't see how she could have gone into the house anyway... surely being with her father would be more important than trying to get 'fame' - Lord knows that kind of fame only lasts for three weeks or something; and besides that there IS always next year...

The other thing that riles me is how these producers felt they had a right to do this - regardless of her father's last wishes! She should still have been told! What makes these people think they can dictate people's lives for goodness sake!

No comments: